Monday, October 17, 2011

Make up with your Father

A few years ago, a neighbor mentioned her parents were divorced and she'd never met her father. I asked if he was still alive, and she said yes. I asked, didn't she now want to meet him, and have him meet her children--his grandkids? She said no. She hated her dad. Because her mom hated her dad. And to stay loyal to her mom, she'd never make contact.

I couldn't help feel how sad it was, and to this day I often think of them and pray they were reconciled--before it was too late.

If there is something between you and your dad, make it up. Ask forgiveness; forgive him. One day soon, he's going to die. And it will be too late.

I'm grateful I got to say everything I needed to say to my Dad before he died. I hope and pray you will, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment